Terms and Conditions for Courses
- GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Course participants must be at least 16 years of age except for Youth-Courses.
- TERMS OF PAYMENT: The total amount must be paid upon application. This amount is not refundable unless the course has been canceled by GZK. It can however be used within a period not exceeding 2 academic terms from the time of payment. The 20% balance must be paid within one month. If not paid by then, the participant will not be allowed to attend class.
- CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS: Cancellation of fully registered candidates MUST be done within the first week of the term and your tuition fees will be refunded minus a cancellation fee of 10%. Cancellation must be submitted in writing to the Head of Language Department at E-Mail: email@example.com. The refund will be processed if you present your original receipt. The cost of books will be refunded, too, if the books are not written in and are in good shape. The membership fee of 30.000UGX is not refundable unless GZK cancels a class. You are allowed to defer your participation to the next term. In this case, your tuition fees will be held with GZK/ UGCS without the deduction of 10% cancellation fee.
If a course does not start as planned because of insufficient numbers of participants (minimum of 6) OR due to any other major reason like a state of emergency in the country, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone the course. In this case, we will offer the participants the opportunity to move to another course or to receive a full refund of the tuition fees.
- MEMBERSHIP: To follow courses at the GZK, all students have to become members of the Uganda German Cultural Society (UGCS). The Membership is valid for one calendar year and costs UGX 30.000 per year. Being a member, every student receives a Student’s Membership Card, which allows him/her to benefit from all the facilities of the GZK (Library, Computer, Free Entry Events…). The Membership is not refundable.
- RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARTICIPANTS: Participants are obliged to comply with the course rules and house rules applicable to the Goethe-Zentrum Kampala. The participant MUST have at least 70 % active attendance and participation in the continuous assessment tests throughout that particular term of study in order to sit for the final exam and subsequently receive a confirmation of participation at the end of the term. The participant should as well be willing to switch from a physical class to an online class in case the Goethe-Zentrum Kampala has to close due to a natural calamity, pandemic, or any other state of emergency.
- LIABILITY OF THE GZK/ UGCS: The liability of GZK/ UGCS and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence. GZK also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its services due to force major (e.g. natural disasters, fire, floods, pandemics, war, official orders and all other circumstances beyond the control of the contractual parties).
- SUGGESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS: GZK welcomes comments and suggestions from students as to how GZK might improve its service. You are encouraged to give any suggestions in writing to the Suggestion-Box located at the door of the office of the Head of Language Department. If you wish to make a complaint about the conduct of a member of staff you should firstly discuss the matter with the person concerned (who may be able to resolve the matter informally). If you then wish to pursue the matter formally you should contact Rashid Kasiita, the Head of the Language Department (by phone +256 414 533 410 or by mail firstname.lastname@example.org). He will arrange for your complaint to be investigated and any appropriate subsequent action to be taken.
- DISCLAIMER: Kindly note that the confirmation of participation that we issue at the end of every term are NOT the international Goethe-Institut Certificates. The certificates we issue are only for internal purposes and as such are not admissible for academic purposes abroad or otherwise.
- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ONLINE COURSES: The Zoom application is required to participate in online classes. Zoom's requirements for the device can be found in the manufacturer's specifications. The program must be installed on the device before the first class. The device can be a laptop, PC, cell phone, tablet, etc. that meets the minimum requirements. In addition, unrestricted access to a stable Internet connection is required. Zoom consumes approximately 1 GB per lesson.